Saturday 2 January 2021

Education is the Most Powerful Weapon

 

This is my latest 'Oil Painting'.

I had taken a long break to painting and have revived it in the recent years. During this lock down period, I took out time and did some painting.

I wanted to paint something realistic and creative for the Teachers' Day, 2020.

The concept of sword and shield was in the mind. I quickly transformed my ideas into a small pencil drawing initially and then tried on canvas.

This painting is a symbolic representation that education is the most powerful weapon. I chose pen and a book instead of a sword and a shield.

Further to give it an ancient look I inscribed two of my favourite quotes on the book in Greek language. I took the help of Google Translate.

  • On the left is the famous quote of 

Nelson Mandela “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”

  • On the right is another quote from favourite political philosopher 

Plato “Until philosophers become kings or kings become philosophers, cities will never rest from their evils"

My name and Teachers' Day wishes are added on the pic. They are not there in the original painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Telangana Happy Dasara

I had made this specially for Dasara depicting Telangana state symbols Tangendu poolu,  Jinka,  Shammi or Jammi chettu and  Palapitta with a...