Tuesday 5 May 2020

Oh! We Brutes


'Oh! We Brutes'

Friends, this is my new book, I published as an eBook on Google Play Books.
The journey of this book started in 2012 with a few dialogues between Chingu and the monster bear that I narrated to my son who was approaching his first birthday. My son, who could hardly speak tried to repeat the words ‘Oh! We Brutes’. I cherished that moment so much that I decided to write a book with the same title and present it to him, by the time he could read it by himself.
Initially, I started working on it, but as time passed, I became busy with my research work for Ph.D. In 2016, when I submitted my Thesis to the University, I revealed my dream of ‘gifting a book’ to my son. Few months later, on my birthday, the little boy of five years then, took his father to stationery shop and bought me a notebook to pen down all the stories I would like to include in this book. From that day, whenever, I told him any story, he would ask me if it was a part of ‘Oh! We Brutes and if I said ‘yes’, he would run for the book and a pen or a pencil and force me to write it down, before I would forget it.
Indeed, it was his continuous interest in this book that kept me going. I completed this book in 2018 and since then, I have been sending it to some traditional publishers. Some did not reply while one had rejected to publish it.
Recently, I decided to publish it as an eBook and searched on Quora https://www.quora.com/  for various options. I chose Google Play Books and published this book. I am grateful to the Google Play Book Team members, who have helped a lot in this effort and make my dream come true.
The front cover, back cover and other pictures in the book are photos of soft toys and other animal toys of my son. I used Forest Photo Editor app for editing these photos.

My book is featured Google Books with a limited preview.

My book is available on Google Play Books App.

Annapurna Krishjeev

Tags: 

  • Best Children book 
  • World Environment Day 
  • Stories for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Telangana Happy Dasara

I had made this specially for Dasara depicting Telangana state symbols Tangendu poolu,  Jinka,  Shammi or Jammi chettu and  Palapitta with a...